Dr. Kim and our dedicated staff have years of experience in treating pain and sleep conditions. Using the latest in industry-standard techniques and equipment, Dr. Kim and her team are equipped to treat chronic and acute orofacial disorders, including TMD, headaches and obstructive sleep apnea in Reno, Nevada. If you would like to schedule an appointment with our orofacial pain practitioner, contact Northern Nevada Center for Orofacial Pain today at 775-583-7755.
Meet Dr. Kim
RESIDENCY: UCLA Orofacial Pain and Dysfunction
DENTAL SCHOOL: UCLA School of Dentistry
UNDERGRADUATE: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Clinical Assistant Professor in Orofacial Pain, UNR School of Medicine Department of Neurology
- Chief Resident, UCLA Orofacial Pain and Dysfunction Program
- Past Lecturer and Clinical Instructor, UCLA Orofacial Pain and Dysfunction Department
- Diplomate, American Board of Orofacial Pain
- Member, American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Member, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Dentist, UNR School of Medicine Rural Outreach
- Researcher, Undergraduate and Graduate level at UCLA
- Published in multiple prestigious academic journals, including Journal of Orofacial Pain, Clinical Advances in Periodontics, Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, The Journal of Nuclear Medicine
- Listed as Phoenix Magazine “Top Dentist” in Orofacial Pain
- Recipient of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain Outstanding Student Award
- Certificate of Level I and II training in Cone Beam CT (American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (AAOMR) and the American Dental Association®)
- Additional training in therapeutic injections for TMJ and facial pain with the American Academy of Facial Esthetics.
Dr. Kim was born and raised in Southern California by parents who instilled in her the value of hard work and education. During her father’s battle with cancer, she developed significant temporomandibular symptoms. Multiple medical and dental consultations failed to improve her symptoms and led to further frustration. She then sought care at the UCLA School of Dentistry’s Orofacial Pain Clinic and improved with effective, evidence-based treatments. It was there that she learned more about orofacial pain disorders and was intrigued by the medical model within dentistry.
She was accepted into the UCLA School of Dentistry and subsequently completed their full-time, two-year orofacial pain and dysfunction residency program. UCLA’s program is currently one of only 12 orofacial pain programs in the nation that have been approved and accredited through the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). During residency, she learned a multidisciplinary approach toward treating pain. Her postdoctoral training included lecturers and clinical faculty among multiple specialties, including neurology, neurosurgery, psychology, pharmacology, sleep medicine, pain anesthesiology and oral surgery.
After completing her residency, she practiced at Arizona’s largest orofacial pain and dental sleep clinic. She acquired additional training from orofacial pain practitioners at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles and headache neurologists at the Mayo Headache Clinic. After getting married, she moved to Florida and practiced general dentistry, OFP and sleep dentistry. During this time, she took additional courses in TMJ and dental occlusion through the Dawson Academy and Spears Academy. She and her family moved to Reno, Nevada, in 2020 to be closer to family and are enjoying all the outdoor options Reno has to offer!
In her free time, Dr. Kim enjoys reading, hiking, doing power yoga, going stand-up paddleboarding, volunteering, relearning Spanish and piano with her daughter, and “trying something new for at least two weeks.”
Schedule Appointment Now
It is not uncommon for an orofacial pain patient to have seen multiple medical and dental providers. The majority of sleep apnea patients are not aware that there are other alternatives to CPAP therapy. If you suffer from orofacial pain or sleep apnea, call us today to schedule a consultation.
Insurance We Accept
We accept Medicare Part B, Medicare DME and Prominence Health Plan (Commercial and Medicare Advantage Plans).
If you have questions or need additional information, please give us a call.